- The first phase of the Tambo Springs Logistics Gateway development is about to be launched.
- Following contractual close, Transnet are proceeding with the development of a Rail Terminal and related infrastructure at Tambo Springs. This forms part of their Private Sector Participation Programme and an RFP will be advertised in the Press during the course of the week commencing 30 May 2016, calling for proposals, for a private sector concessionaire to develop, own and operate the Rail Terminal.
- Phase 1 of the industrial development, which will be immediately adjacent to the Rail Terminal and to be developed in tandem with it, is at an advanced stage of planning, with the following key aspects secured:
- Flexible zoning rights, allowing for industrial, commercial, transportation, retail and light manufacturing development to occur;
- General Services Agreement with Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality has been finalised;
- Negotiations to have Tambo Springs incorporated into the Aerotropolis SEZ zone area tan advanced stage;
- Construction of bulk and internal services for Phase 1 are programmed for completion prior to completion of the Rail Terminal (i.e.in 2018);
- An Overview Report detailing the scope and nature of the overall planned development can be downloaded here.
- A formal launch of both the Transnet Rail Terminal development as well as the Industrial Development is planned for the 3rd Quarter of 2016.